Saturday, May 29, 2010

Move Details (May 29 - May 31, 2010)

So, we have moved (again). We are back in Hartland, MI. We were loaded on Saturday (May 29), drove on Sunday and unloaded on Monday (Memorial Day). I have the most amazing network of friends ever! They have made this the most enjoyable time (for a move). It started with my friend Abby coordinating the entire meal system on Saturday. She started at my house somewhere between 6 and 7 am, bringing her coffee pot and all the fixings, some fruit (to go with our egg casserole), and a first aid kit. She even set up a badminton net in the front yard. What a smart girl she is! Then she left to go home and finish up the last minute details on the italian beef, turkey sandwiches, brownies, taco dip and entertainment for the kids. Seriously I don't think she slept all week. We had 16 FABULOUS people at out house to load us up. Amazing. God is so good. Greg, Tom and I left around 8:30 to go get the trucks - yes we were getting 2! When we arrived we were told they only had one truck and that the other truck was still loaded and the guy who had it thought he could have is back by 1pm. Really? I was supposed to have it at 9am! I was irritated but did not show it (I don't think). I tried to remember to "PRAY" and give it all to God. I just said that this gives us time to load the first truck without the other truck being in the way. Only, I really wanted the other truck to be in the way - at least then I knew I had it. So I left Greg and Tom there to drive the one truck back and I prayed all the way home. Reiterating that I knew God was in control and that He knew we needed this truck before I knew we needed it and that He would provide. Then I asked......I asked for the truck by 11am. We got back to the house and people started arriving and the loading began. I was in such a flurry of stuff that I lost all track of time and really everything that was going on. It felt like I was on autopilot. Then my phone rang and someone else answered it, then handed it to me. It was the truck rental place saying that the truck was there and ready. Hallelujah!!! Then I looked at the time - 11am! Praise you Lord. Thank you for coming through for me. I mean that was so cool. So Tom and I rushed off to go get it. On the way, I started crying. Tom said "What's wrong Michelle? The truck is there and we are getting it. Everything is OK." I told him that I was crying because I was so happy and then told him the story of how GOD provided at the EXACT right moment, and that the moment was actually one I asked for. I was so thrilled at God's love for me, and not just in the truck. Because by the time we had the papers signed for the truck, I was bawling. God's love for me was being poured out through the backs, arms, legs, knees, hands and brains of all these people, who have come to be my family. Makes me think about who Jesus called His family - those who do the will of God in Heaven. That is what my precious family in Christ did for me. They poured it on so thick, it was stifling. And this type of stifling is such a great one. It was amazing what these people did for me.

Greg~Mom~Abby~Tom~Troy S~Sally S~Scott S~Jeremy L~Suzie Z~Brian B~Jana B~Doug B~Staci R~Clay W~Todd J~Jeff

As they were loading, it became apparent that we did not have enough truck. I frantically struggle to find a trailer or another truck, and I was not alone in my endeavor. I know of 3 other people who were making phone calls or searching the internet for me. I love how these people loved on me. We did not find another truck or trailer. But what we did come up with was a stroke of genius!! We rented another truck for this weekend and Abby is driving it here, staying the weekend, and then taking the train back! YAY! And thank you Abby - from the very bottom of my heart. You have made my life so much easier and in more ways that just this. So, YAY, my friend is coming to visit.

After the trucks were loaded and everyone left (except Tom and Abby), we discussed our meals plans for dinner and then Abby anointed us all with oil and prayed over us. It was an amazing prayer in which she covered each one of us specifically. She has an amazing gift of prayer. I love to hear her pray! Then she scooted out and planned to meet us 2 hours later at the park. We picked up McDonald's for dinner (oh joy) and headed to the park. Abby arrived with an entire entourage of games for the kids, including picking beads up with their toes out of a bucket of water. I even tried - the cool water felt good on the hot night. After playing at the park, we headed home and found a bag on our door. It was for Grant. From the nursery at our church. Seriously? I love these people. They take the time to make people matter. And short of God, that is the most important aspect in a church, in my mind. Make the people matter. Show them that because God loves them, so do you. Guess what? You will make them want what you have if you do this. So cool. Anyway the bag had a New Testament, a book, some bubbles, and a toy frog in it(which BTW, scares the heck out of Grant). And the card was signed with all the names of the kids in the nursery saying that they would miss Grant. How seriously sweet is this? Really. I love my church and the people there. I am already missing them terribly.

Sunday we drove home. Greg and Grace in the first truck. Tom in the second truck. Then, me in my van with Jadyn and Grant. Followed by Grandma and Jacob in Tom's van. We were quite the caravan. After about 3 hours of going 50 mph, Grandma and I decided to forge ahead so that we could have groceries and dinner ready when the boys and Grace got back. Praise the Lord we all arrived safely!!

Monday morning - 8am. We had another awesome crew here helping us.

Greg~Tom~Mom~Jeremy~Matt~Melissa~Marshall~Kim~Ryan~Alex~Steve~Alec~Luke~Caleb~Victor~Colleen~Papa P~(Grandpa B was home watching all my kids)

They had the first truck unloaded in 47 1/2 minutes! Woah! Then they whipped through the second truck like it was nothing. Then didn't stop there. They came in and set up beds, re-assembled furniture, unpacked boxes. It was amazing. My friend Melissa even organized my entire kitchen - even better than if I had done it myself. And I am a picky person. I have not even changed a single thing. In fact, I have even gone out and got the things she said would make it easier (much to Greg's disapproval. But I think he will like it when he sees how much better it is). We went through a dozen donuts and $58 at McDonald's fr breakfast, but it was more than worth it for all the great help we received. Another HUGE blessing these people are in my life. I thank God for each and every one of them.

So here I sit. Tired, but in a neat kitchen. The rest of the house still has boxes around. Most of it is done, but now it is the fine tuning. If only I could rid myself of the boxes.

I am a very blessed person. I am very much loved. God shows me all the time. Thank you Lord. And thank you to every one of you "rays of sunshine" who made our move here so easy on me. I love you, not just for your help, but because you are doing God's will. THANK YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment