Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sad to Leave? Yep. Ready to Go? Yep.

I never thought I would be saying I was sad to leave Bloomington, Illinois, but I think that is going to be the case. I mean the area in general - no, but Bloomington First Church of the Nazarene - absolutely yes! That church and those people are my home. I love them all so much and in such a special way. They are some of the instruments God used to draw us to him. If they had not been so welcoming and quick to show God's love, we would not have been there. But God has a perfect plan, and from the very first time we set foot inside the doors, we knew we were home. Both Greg and I have grown more in the 6 months we have been there than in the 42 and 35 years (respectively) that we have been alive. God is our number one and we are each other's number 2 and our family is running in a way that I think is how God wants it to. I am praying that our fire for the Lord, fanned by our precious "peeps" at BFCOTN, will never fade and that we will take it onto our next journey, to whatever church God leads us to. I am still praying that it will be a small church. I know that before we left Michigan I knew I was not at the church I should be at. I was unhappy there and instead of rocking the boat, we just stuck there. Clearly, God wanted us to move away from there - I mean really far from there. He brought us here to what I call a barren wasteland (which it is not) and gave us the most amazing gift ever. Himself. Oh, how I love Him when I think of that (and always). But, because God wanted Greg and I to draw closer to Him (we were the ones who moved, not God), He brought us here and eventually to BFCOTN. When I think of all the people I have met and who have impacted my life in this short period of time, I can do nothing short of praise! We have made friends with people that we never would have even thought of as friends....how much more clearly we can see when we are filled with God's love (and when we received it). I want you all to know how special you are to us both and that even if you did not know it, you have touched our lives in ways we never could have imagined. All glory to God Most High!!!! Thank you. Thank you for your welcome arms. Thank you for your smiles. Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you for your example. And thank you for helping us grow into the people we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment