Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

It is Mother's Day. I was brought breakfast in bed this morning. I was given a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, animal crackers, M&Ms, a crumbled Cinnabon granola bar and a kiwi, quartered with the skin still on, all in a bowl of warm yogurt. Yes....I did eat some of it. It was made with love. Or so I thought. Jacob made it for me, and I have not quite figured if it was for real or he was just trying to make the grossest thing possible. The kids brought it to me while Greg and I were still in bed - they did it all alone. When they said that they were going to make coffee, Greg decided to get up. What he found when he got to the kitchen was a giant mess. Thankfully, I was still in bed and he cleaned it up for me! What a great husband!

Then we had some serious disobedience and Jacob ended up grounded for the rest of this week.

Off to church for, yet another, amazing service. I am so going to miss this church. I love them all so much! After church we went out to lunch at Alexander's Steak House and I had the BEST steak I have ever eaten. It was done "Santa Maria" style - a spicy, but not too spicy rub. OOOHHHHH baby! My girlfriend Abby graced us with her presence at lunch. What a blessing to spend a part of this day with her. What a great friend she is - such an encouragement to me as a wife and mother. Thanks Abby!

Then we came home and Greg took off. Sadness and a 3 hour nap ensued. Then some grocery shopping and a surprise visit to the "Abbmeister". Grace got to ride to the restaurant with Abby this afternoon and she wanted to show Jacob where Abby lived. So sweet.

Then tonight while we were sitting in a circle, holding hands and praying, I was praying for Greg and talking to God about how I do not like to be apart, and Jacob leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. Then as I went to tuck him in bed, he held up the covers for me to get under and said "get in here loverlady". I think he is "gaining wisdom" or he is totally Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I cannot tell. I just pray that he is learning and growing. He wrote a book today (part of his punishment - not a book but a page - but he enjoyed it so much it turned into a book) called "Help Your Self Book". It is for kids to read if they are being naughty. It is so cool......here are some excerpts:

"Dear mom I am sorry. I sould not be acting like this. I sould be acting like a good boy not a bad boy....Dear Dad I now I have been bad his weekend. I pramice you I am going to be good in till we get to are new house. I am going to help mom with her stuff like watching Grant and other stuff....If my mom is sleeping you should not wake her up......I she tells you to go do something and you dont lisen you should get in trobel....If someone is por you should make them food to eat. If someone has no house you should let them stay in your house.....your parents should not have to talk twice to you. you should already be doing it. If a old lady dosent have enef money for a wheelchair you should give her some money so she has enef. you should be wise not folish. you should only worship Jesus. you should read the bible every day of your life.....you should talk to God every day of your life. you should ask Jesus into your heart."


My children are such a blessing to me. They may exhaust and frustrate me, but I would not want it any other way. OK - yes I would love it if they weren't exhausting or frustrating, but then they would not be kids - and man, do I love these kids. Being their mom is the GREATEST job I could ever dream to have. Thank you Lord for blessing me so.....for allowing me to have the opportunity to be a mom and serve You though serving these angels! Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment