Friday, May 7, 2010

Book Fair Bonus

Last night, after their Ninja class, I took Jacob and Grace to the book fair at school. I really did not want to go because they want everything and take care of nothing. So I told them I would take them but that I was not taking money. They decided together that they would take the money they made at our recent garage sale. Jacob took his wallet and Grace took her little purse. I forgot that Jacob's wallet had over $50 in it. When we got there he was running around like crazy and came back to me with a stack full of books. I reminded him that he was paying for them and did her really want all of these? He said yes, so we sorted through and he picked 4. Grace was carefully choosing her books and ended up with 2. As we were getting close to the checkout, I totalled up what they were spending and told Jacob that his would cost at least $21 and asked him again if he wanted to spend this amount. He said yes. I was happier that he wanted to spend his money on books that he can use, rather than some obscure toy that would be forgotten within days. Jacob pulled out a $20 bill and a $10 bill, then turned to me and asked "Do they change money here?" I was confused for a moment then I realized he was actually asking me if they would give him change back if he gave them the $20 and the $10. That was very funny to me, but he was very serious. I told him they would give him change. When we got to the checkout the lady rang up the books and Jacob's was only $12 and change. I looked at the lady as if to say "that's it?" and she told us it was buy one, get one free. Woo hoo!!!! Love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment