Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Gentle Reminder

I was gently reminder yesterday that it is not about me. Really? Because I think I have been living the last 35 years as if it were, especially the last few weeks. I have been thinking about going home and every time I think about it I say "I am not going back to the way things were - none of it." And who am I to say that? Did God bring me here to change me and then not use me? I think not. I was reminded that God may be using the changes in my life to impact some of the very people and situations I am trying to steer clear of. So, that said, I am your servant Lord. Use me how you will. And please let me see people the way you see them. I do not want my human vision clouding who these people are in You. I love you and want to love them the way you do. Help me Lord.

Here is the update to this story. Four days after I originally posted this I received an email from someone I knew from our old Sunday school class, but was not really close with. She said that she did not know if we were coming back to the church or the class, but that she was interested in my testimony and wanted to know if I would come back and share it with the class. See how God used the very situation I was attempting to avoid or brush past? I kept saying that I was not going back to that church or the same people, and yet God was opening a door for me to go back and share what I have been learning. Man, I love how He works.

No comments:

Post a Comment