Friday, June 11, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday I was driving with all 4 kids in the car. I had a Go Fish CD playing "If you're happy and you know it". I looked in my rearview mirror and noticed that all 4 of them were singing and doing the hand motions to the song ~ and enjoying it! What an amazing "mom" moment that was for me!!! They were all happy and getting along and SINGING!

Then my neighbor's dog pooped in my yard. It is not bad enough that her dog runs free and terrorizes my kids. It had to poop while she was outside with it. I am wondering about her though. If you are outside and you know your dog is, why don't you keep it contained? Instead of letting it crap in my yard. So I was frustrated to say the least. I asked her to pick it up. But then I had all kinds of thoughts about her not picking it up and then I would have to pick it up and put it right outside her garage door, so that when she backed out in the morning she would run it over and smear it in her driveway. Those, my friends, are not the thoughts of a nice person. Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. Clearly my heart is still a bit dirty, but I am looking for a nice and kind way to approach the situation. Then I noticed my DBV (daily Bible verse) was Colossians 3:13, which says: "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." And forgive me He did. So I am trying to forgive this. The problem is that it keeps happening. I think I am going to have to talk to her, but need to pray about the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment