Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just Another Night at My House

I was at school today for an ice cream social (Jacob) and a birthday party (Grace) - I know it is not her birthday but this is the date her teacher assigned to celebrate her summer birthday. I ended up staying at the school to bring the kids home, but while I had to wait I worked with Jacob's teacher. We had a very nice visit - mostly me talking about all God has been doing in my life recently. About an hour after I got home I got a phone call from Jacob's teacher, telling me about an "incident" that happened on the bus that morning. After hanging up with her, I questioned Jacob about it, then questioned Grace, then returned to questioning Jacob. Basically what happened was this: A girl on the bus asked Jacob to sign her yearbook. He did, then proceeded to cross off all the other names in her yearbook. A very wise choice - NOT! After talking to him about why that was unacceptable, I told him that he would need to write a letter to the girl apologizing, go to school tomorrow and buy her a new yearbook with his own money, then take the letter and new yearbook to her class and ask her teacher if he could speak to the girl in the hall. There he would apologize, give her the new yearbook and ask to sign it. Plus, he is grounded from TV until we leave Bloomington and has to stay inside for the next day. This kind of behavior is totally unacceptable. Plus he is grounded from TV until we leave Bloomington and has to stay inside for a day.

Later we went to Ninja, where Jacob and Grace tested for 2 belts - successfully! Yay them! They are officially orange belts!

When we came home, Jacob, Grace and Jadyn all went to shower. Grant stayed with me as I cleaned the kitchen. Suddenly I noticed that Grant was not with me anymore. I ran upstairs calling his name, to find him walking out of my bathroom saying "I sorry Mommy". I knew that was not good. He had a large black mark on the side of his head and across his eye. As I grabbed him to look closer, I saw that it was mascara, but also noticed that his arm was soaking wet. Then I noticed that the toilet seat and surrounding area was also wet! AAGGHHH Grant!?!?!?! I took him straight away to the girl's bathroom and stripped him down. In the time it took me to throw the diaper away, he was out in the hallway, kneeling down rubbing "himself" on the carpet. Really? Come on. By this time Jacob was out of the shower and I told him to look at his brother. Jacob said "What's wrong with that? I rub my butt on the floor." Are you freaking kidding me? Am I in the loony bin? I must be headed there.

Tonight Grace was talking on the phone to Grandpa and he was asking her is she could paint a stop sign for him. And she very adamantly told him she could and would. Then she looked at me and gave me the thumbs up sign. I thought that was neat - like she was excited to do some work for Grandpa. It wasn't until later that I realized that she was remembering what I had told her earlier in the day. I had talked to my kids about how hard I worked as a kid and that if any of their grandparents ever asked them to do something, I wanted them to say yes and do it immediately.

Only 25 1/2 hours until Greg gets home!!! But who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment