Saturday, May 1, 2010

Brownies from Heaven (and other blessings)

How can I sleep? I am so exhausted but sleep is eluding me. Yesterday, I was grocery shopping with the kids and I told Jacob that we would have whatever he wanted for dessert. He wanted hot fudge sundaes with brownies. So we got some chocolate chip ice cream and Sanders hot fudge. I told him I had brownies at home and I would make them as soon as we got home. Well, I thought wrong. No brownies here. Bummer, we thought. We were just going to have to have our sundaes without brownies. As I was making dinner I called a friend. She was still at work and told me that she was going to another friend's house to drop off.....guess? Brownies! And that her plan was to bring the rest of them to us!! Brownies from heaven! She had made the brownies the night before and had planned all along to bring them to us yesterday. I love how God cared for our need. OK, brownies were not exactly a need, but if you had asked Jacob, he would have said they were. But, isn't that so awesome that before we even knew we had a "need", God had already planned to meet it? Imagine that situation with a real need? I love how MY God works in the most amazing ways. There is nothing too big or too small for Him. He is so great! But it even goes further....because in addition to bringing us brownies, my sweet friend Abby, served us in another way last night. Greg had not been feeling well for a couple of days and last night was the breaking point. He took himself to ER and when Abby came, she so graciously offered to stay with my kids so I could go be with my husband. I love her. When I arrived at the ER and got to Greg's room, he said I was just taking advantage of having Abby there and that I wanted to get out of the house and have a date with him. Yeah....at the hospital. Sure. We left there with prescriptions for antibiotics and pain killers, and he is still feeling terrible today. If he is not better by morning, we will have to go back. But I am confident that he will be better by morning. I am praying that he is. We have a BIG day at church tomorrow. Our pastor's mom was healed from cancer. Seriously - totally gone. God is awesome! Even her doctor is shocked. She was completely filled with cancer - everywhere - and now after ct scans and pet scans, there is NOTHING. Yes, nothing. It is so crazy cool - just like God. HE will be praised. And if we do not do it, the rocks will cry out.

For the past 3 days, we have had a garage sale. It has been exhausting to say the least. Then topping all this off with Greg being sick, I was starting to feel overwhelmed. As I was in the bathroom tonight, I found myself thanking God that I was not sick and that I was strong enough to do everything here that needed to be done. And then I remembered that just a few days ago God was getting my attention about being a servant. Was this part of what he was preparing me for? I left the bathroom a much happier person than when I went in. Thank you Lord for Your constant Presence. Thank you for never leaving me or forsaking me. I am nothing without you and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment