Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Birthday

Today is my birthday. 35 years young. It was a GREAT day. I woke up at 4:15 this morning singing "This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it..." Then I headed to church for the 5am prayer service and was so blessed. This was (most likely) the last Wednesday that I will be able to go, as Greg is heading back to MI on Sunday. But it was so cool that the Lord planned for my last day at prayer service to be on my birthday - what a gift! I was crowned with a princess crown as I sat there, by my sweet friend Abby. She said that I was to be extra special today. I was asked to lead everyone there in prayer over Abby for the tests she was about to take. I was so nervous - I am not a real good out loud pray-er. But God is so good and He provided me with the strength to do more than I thought I was able to do. After the prayer service, I came home and had a party in my bed (every time I say that it sounds bad) with my hubby and kiddos. They gave me cards and my gift - a pedometer! Yippee! I have wanted one for a LONG time. Then I came downstairs and made french toast for everyone. Then the kids (well 2 of them anyway) went to school and the other 2 and I went for a walk to try out the new pedometer. I was so excited to find out how far I have actually been walking each day. Well, the darn thing was not working correctly - even after I read the directions and set it up according to them. After my walk I returned the pedometer to the store and came home and ordered a new one online. Hopefully it will be here in the next couple of days. I had lunch with Jadyn and Grant and then received a birthday card in the mail - from Abby! I put the kids to bed and then my accountability partner came over and we had such a blessed time together praising God for His Presence in our lives. She brought me a gift - what gives? It was so neat though. She found this adorable clutch looking photo album in a black and white pattern with the letter "M" embroidered in orange. On the inside in all the photo slots she printed out all the verses that we have memorized together. So cool, especially as I was just thinking this afternoon that I needed to go over all the verses I have learned and keep them fresh in my mind. She left in time for me to get the kids off the bus and then we hung out in the yard until we had to leave to go to church for dinner. Every Wednesday our church has dinner made by some sweet older ladies who can REALLY cook. I love to go - this means I do not have to cook dinner. But tonight was special for me because it was my birthday and I wanted to spend it there. And lo and behold, guess who showed up for dinner? My buddy Abby! What a fabulous surprise she was! And that is not just because she brought me a gift too. What is with these people? Isn't there love enough? Ahhhh, I love their hearts. Anyway, she was a surprise because I thought she would be taking some tests that earlier in the day (much earlier - at prayer) she said she may take. Oh well, I was glad to see her. So we dined together and then we invited her over for cake. Before we left church we sat at the table and talked with some friends. She was telling me that they were so excited to see the changes in Greg. When we first came to church he never smiled, but now - he ALWAYS has a smile on his face. I love that other people can see what I am seeing. I pray that those in our family who don't yet know Christ as their Savior will see these changes and want what Greg has! So she came over and we sat in the garage while the kids played and my wonderful husband waxed my van, his car and Abby's car. He is so great! Then we came in and had cake (all while I was still wearing my princess crown). After the cake, Abby cleaned the kitchen and Greg bathed the kids, and I just sat. Man, they treated me so well. Then Greg came down and said he was going for a walk. Abby asked if I wanted to go with him and she would say and watch the kids. So Greg and I tooled around the neighborhood with the crown still on my head. Kids are now in bed and here I sit telling you my day. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment