Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hearing from God

In the discipleship homework this morning I had to write "Dear Michelle", then wait and listen for God to speak to me. So I wrote it and waited. The following was what I heard:

1. Make coffee for Greg
2. I love to lay with Greg and talk about God
3. A plan for dinner tonight

Then I found myself thinking....was I really hearing from God or was I just thinking about the "things" I needed to do? Now am I doubting? I was waiting expectantly for God to speak to me. I knew He would, but would it be something so trivial? Wait a minute. This is my life. It is NOT trivial. Just yesterday God was talking to me about being a servant - this is what I am for my family. A servant, not a slave. This kind of "stuff" does matter to God. But what really got me was what happened next.

Jadyn came downstairs and sat in the chair by me. Then she said "God talked to me". I asked her what He said, and she said" I love you". Then she said to me "God talked to you too Mom". I started bawling. God was using my child to re-iterate to me that - yes - He was talking to me, even about the seemingly trivial.

I love my God! I love my life! It is NOT trivial - it is an honor and a joy! Praise you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment