Thursday, February 25, 2010

Working

Today after school I took my kids to another elementary school, where we helped pack backpacks. We packed them with food. There are some kids who do not eat on the weekends. Am I living under a rock, that I really did not think of this as a real possibility? As much as this was for my kids benefit, it was for mine. We packed 25 backpacks with juice, cereal, mac n'cheese, granola bars, combos, donuts, clementines, candy bars, and pretzel sticks. We ALL had such a blast!! It only took about 30 minutes to pack them all. Of course, it goes almost without asking, that my kids asked if they could have some of that. I had to remind them that these were for kids who ate NOTHING all weekend. They (my children) eat almost anything they want all weekend long. I also told them that we are able to go to the store and buy these things if we really want them. We really have so much to be thankful for. Apparently I needed to have a reminder along with my kids. I love how God is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment