Friday, February 12, 2010

Letter to the President

Today Grace brought home a homework assignment. The note from the teacher said that they were to write a letter to the President, telling him about themselves and asking for a signed picture or a book. Of course, I am a bit leery of this. If Grace wants to write a letter to him, I am ok with that - but forcing them to do it and telling them what to ask for - I am not ok with. But that is not the purpose of my writing tonight. When I pulled the paper out and asked Grace about it she told me, "We have to write a letter to Abraham Lincoln and then take it back to school and Mrs. Dennis will send it to him." Really? She is going to send it to Abraham Lincoln? I even asked her twice - the second time with my video camera in hand to get it on tape. So I do have proof that she is supposed to write to Abraham Lincoln. She did not understand why I was laughing so hard at what she said, but I did not want to tell her because I wanted to see how long it took her to figure out what she was saying. It wasn't until I was showing the video to Greg after dinner that she realized what she had said. Then it was even funnier.

No comments:

Post a Comment