Monday, February 8, 2010

Power in His Blood

There is power, power, wonder-working power,
in the blood of the Lamb.
There is power, power, wonder-working power,
in the precious blood of the Lamb.
(imagine me singing it)

This is my thought for today. I am covered by the precious blood of Jesus, shed in the worst way possible for me. I have unspeakable freedom today. Freedom that before this past weekend, I did not have. I was in bondage to thoughts, concerns, worries, desires for things - just random stuff. It was gross. But the weird thing was....I really didn't know it. I have been a Christian for ever (ok for as long as I can remember), yet I was not living it. I mean, I was, but not fully. I knew what I was supposed to be doing - I have read the Bible - I knew. I just didn't think I had to do it all. Really.....what is a little white lie? A LIE!!!! What is worry about our finances? WORRY!!! What is not trusting God with the life of my husband and kids?? NOT TRUSTING GOD!!!!! Hello? Anyone in there? To live for God means just that - LIVE FOR GOD. I was living for myself and taking God along for the ride. I am now living for God and taking myself along for the ride. Does this mean I am or will ever be perfect? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Does this mean I will make mistakes? ABSOLUTELY. Does this make me a Bible scholar or increase my knowledge? NO - except that it does increase my first-hand knowledge of the incredible love God has for me and the absolutely wonderful life He has for me. Yeah, I thought I was living the good life, but now I know. I AM FREE!!!!! Oh, I don't have a past of cruddy black junk that I needed to be freed from (but TRUST me - God will free you of ALL of that too!!), but I have been waging war against myself. Stealing my own joy. Working for the devil. AND I AM DONE. No more. I am a princess of GOD MOST HIGH and there is power there!!! No I am not power hungry.....I am hungry for more of God!!! I am feverishly praying this for ALL of my family (Greg, Jacob, Grace, Jadyn, Grant, Mom, Dad, Krystel, Steve, Spencer, Seth, Scott, Katie, Ava, Bryce, Ella, Mimi, Papa, Colleen, Mike, Amanda, Mikey, Alicia, Jeremy, Paige, Reid, Tom) and everyone else I know (and don't know for that matter). God is so good and so loving and so kind and so RIGHT THERE. Reach out and grab Him. Wrestle with Him until He blesses you! You will find - it is better than any earthly "thing" you could ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment