Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sanctification

Well.....today was a very full day. Last night and today (for me) were spent at church for the Encounter weekend. 18 hours of deliberately seeking the face of God. Praise the Lord it culminated in me being filled with the Holy Spirit (sanctified). To God be the glory! I sat through a few sessions today and was really racking my brain trying to figure out who had wronged me and who I needed to forgive. I felt like there was something really wrong with me because I did not have a past full of "junk". Actually I even left last night and had to call my parents to tell them thank you for being the kind of parents who didn't skew my view of the Lord. However, I have been looking, searching, trying to find out why in the world I can not get close to God and really hear His voice. Tonight it was all so clear. I am keeping my own self away from God. Oh, I have been saying all the right things, but my actions (I mean EVERYTHING I have been doing) have been the complete opposite. I had to admit what I was doing and then seek forgiveness from myself. How idiotic does that sound? Well, moron or not, I am a princess of God Most High and that is a title I will not easily give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment