Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Answered Prayer

So I was exercising and praying yesterday. After I had covered all the "important" prayers, I started talking to God about something. I was telling Him that I hated making dinner. I know this is so corny, but He wants all of me and this is part of the package. Actually, my problem is not so much in the making as it is in the deciding what to make. So I prayed, asking Him for a plan for dinner last night. Even after I prayed it, I was skeptical. Not skeptical in the God can't answer this prayer sense, but more skeptical in the why in the heck would I bother the God of the Universe with something so trivial sense. Well, guess what? God answered my prayer. Greg came home at lunch with an entire menu planned out - what I needed to go get at the store, what we had here, everything. I made the dinner with ease (Chicken and Pasta in an Alfredo Sauce with Broccoli and Red Peppers) and it was so peaceful and easy. It wasn't until I was sitting with my accountability partner that I realized that God HAD answered my prayer.....I mean He had EXACTLY answered my meaningless, trivial, somewhat corny prayer. If God is concerned with my dinner plans, why in the bunny blue blazes wouldn't I turn the most important, completely meaningful things over to Him? Truth is - I do and will continue to. He was just proving His point to me. I so love my Lord God!

No comments:

Post a Comment