Monday, March 1, 2010

The Close of Upwards Season

Yesterday was the awards ceremony for Jacob's Upwards basketball season. Apparently they only give out one award and one kid per team is nominated by the coach for the award. Then from the nominations, they pull from a hat to pick who wins. Know what the award is for? CHRISTLIKENESS! Guess who was nominated from Jacob's team? JACOB!! I am more proud than words can say. I mean playing good and hard and doing your best is very important, but it is nothing if you are not following Christ. Of course, I am his mom and I always think he is the best, but for real, he really was the most Christlike on his team. He was the only one (of the ones who wanted to play) who didn't always think of himself. What I am trying to say is he was the only one who played like a member of a team. He would rebound (because he was the tallest), drive down to the basket, look for the open teammate and pass the ball. The entire season he was the only kid to pass the ball for the sake of the other person. Sounds Christlike to me. I know it sounds like I am bragging on my kid - I AM! This is not mom-xaggeration either, it is the truth. So, I must tell. Jacob did awesome and I am so proud of his basketball ability and even more so of the award. YAY JACOB!!!! I love you son!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment