Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spa Day!

Jadyn, Grant and I went to the nursing home again today. I met a super sweet lady named Irma, who allowed us into her room to sit and talk with her. She was a joy to talk with! After talking to her, I went to check out the activity center. Guess what today was? SPA DAY!!! So adorable. These sweet ladies lined up to get facials, make-up applied, nails done, etc. I was even able to help out. I filed and polished the nails of 2 ladies. One was talkative and appreciative, the other silently criticized every swipe of the brush and fell asleep every time I held her hand. It was the most precious time - Eleanor and Mabel (don't you love it?) And Jadyn and Grant just hung out right next to me and "performed" for the ladies. The were amazing! This is one of the ways that I know I am doing what God is leading me to do - He is making my kids behave while we are there. They fight and scream when we get home, but that is OK as long as they are quiet and behaving while we are there. It was hysterical when a gentleman "walkered" in and said he was there to get his nails done. I was cracking up, but I actually think he was serious. All in all, a wonderful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment