Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Boys

When we came in from Awana tonight Greg and Grant were sitting in a chair together. As soon as I walked in, Grant jumped up and yelled "momma, momma". Oh how I love that feeling of being loved and missed and needed.

Later Jacob was in the shower and he asked me where the water from the shower came from - "Does it come from a tube or something?" I explained to him that the water ran in pipes and went through a water heater to get hot and then ran to the shower. "But where does the water go after it comes to the shower?", he asked. I told him it went down the drain and into the sewer. "Oh," he said. I asked, "Why? Were you worried that the pee you just peed would come back onto you?" "Yes", he said. Man, I can read him like a book. Love that kid who pees in my shower.

We play a game called "high-point, low-point" to get the kids talking. I was laying in bed with Jacob talking and I asked him his high-point. He answered, "My high-point is that you are in here laying with me talking." Does is get any better than that? I love that he wants me in there and that he wants to "talk".

No comments:

Post a Comment