Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday July 22, 2010

Today it happened. The long and short of it is that Greg got "let go" from Lear. I am at Krystel and Steve's house - not even home to be with him. But there is so much good that is coming from this, that we cannot even see the "bad".

- No more stress for Greg from LP at Lear - no more dreading going to work.
- Greg was able to go up north with his dad for the golf outing a day earlier than he had planned.
- DBV for today: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. – Proverbs 3:5-6
Commentary: To live by God’s words will challenge our current understanding of “the way things ought to be”. One of the things that make the Scripture alive is that it cuts across our habit patterns and ways of thinking. This is painful, but if we surrender to God’s wisdom, we find that many of the bad decisions we used to make start to diminish. To venture into the uncomfortable views of the Bible is greater than staying in the familiar patterns of our own understanding. This is how HE will make our paths straight.
- Neither of us (Greg or I) are worried, afraid or concerned (and this is HUGE!)
- Greg has been talking to some different people and there may be some possibilities, which before I put the cart before the horse, I am entrusting to God.
- In fact, we are trusting EVERYTHING to God because He will take care of us.

Let's go back to the not being afraid thing.....this is so amazing to me. I was talking to Greg about this and he told me that he was not afraid either. Then I laughed. Rather...giggled. Greg asked me if I thought this was funny. I told him no, but I was tickled by the whole thing. This is so much a blessing that we can't even see the bad parts. I mean, we don't have a job and the insurance runs out, but God provides and I trust with all that I am that He will provide here. It is so exciting for me - in fact, I am sitting here smiling (which I have done a lot today). And this is certainly by the precious grace of God - giving me peace and comfort in the midst of a dark time. Oh yeah.... I was reading in my NLT Bible this afternoon and this is what I read:

Psalm 23 (New Living Translation)
A psalm of David.
The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.


Let me tell you about this.....

- He is all I need
- Greg needs to rest and have his strength renewed
- As we walk through this "darkest valley", we are not afraid because He is with us (Praise Him)
- He will protect and comfort us (and He is)
- We are being blessed beyond imagination

God is so good to us. So infinitely good. I never in a million years would have thought that approximately 12 hours after my husband lost his job I would be so happy, but we serve an Amazing God, who is infinitely wiser than we could ever try to be and He knows what is best for us. Know what was not best for Greg? Working at Lear. Thank you Lord. Greg would never have quit because he was so miserable - he had responsibilities (his words, not mine), but because God loves him more than anything, He made a way for Greg to have rest and renewal. And I believe with all my heart that God has something so much better in store for Greg.

All of this and I am sitting in a comfy chair, with the widows opened and a nice breeze blowing in, and it is raining. God is so good to me!!!!! Oh yeah.....and I have never been more excited for my sweet husband's golf outing weekend. He deserves a nice rest and I pray that he will get it.

Just read the Daily GPS from Bloomington First Church of the Nazarene for today. It talks about anger. Fitting for today, huh? Then it goes on to talk about righteous indignation - anger that is ok. In fact, it is ok to be angry, just not to sin (Ephesians 4:26 KJV). I think (modestly so) that this is what happened today. Please understand that I am not "tooting my horn", just hashing thoughts and processing what I am learning. But I think that this is how both Greg and I handled this situation. I guess I can only really speak for myself (because I was not with Greg) but through God's grace (again) I was able to be angry at the situation and not really at the people. That is big - especially for the momma bear in me. Someone messed with my family and that does not please me. But vengeance is God's, not mine. Like a wise old man once said....."Praise the Lord, and carry on." And that is what we will do. Praise you forever, Lord, forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment