Monday, July 12, 2010

Stinker

Grant.....what can I say? I have never needed a break from any child before. I NEED A BREAK!!!! I mean, I love him desperately, but he is really driving me crazy. After the light bulb debacle, I thought we would have some peace. But no. This afternoon for lunch I made ravioli - you know - the canned kind (ick). Grant was done with his lunch (did not eat any of the ravioli) and apparently I did not take his plate fast enough, because he proceeded to drop the whole thing on my light beige shag rug under the table. For over 2 hours I scrubbed, and cleaned, and soaped, and Woolited and Oxy-Cleaned to no avail. My carpet is still stained. I am praying the Greg will be able to get it out - he is good with this kind of thing. So after this, I decided that Grant's chair will be off the rug when he eats. [Let me interject here...that I purposely got this rug BECAUSE it hides stains very well despite it's light color....but this one was BIG.] So Grant had his dinner on the wood floor. While I was getting something for someone the stinker took his fork and flung food all over the floor. THAT WAS IT!!!! I was ticked. Oh, I spanked him alright. I showed him that food on the floor was NOT OK. And I took away his food and he will go to bed without anything else (and so will any of the other of my kids that choose to not like what I have prepared for dinner). So there.

You know what chaps my butt about this whole thing? Earlier this afternoon I went to give blood and took Jacob, Jadyn and Grant with me (Grace is at her friend's house). They were so absolutely awesome! Two people who were working the blood drive even came up to me and told me that my kids were the "best behaved kids" they had ever seen. I was so proud of them and I guess I am glad that they behave out in public. Well, Jacob and Jadyn do behave....it is just you-know-who.

Grant Joseph.....I love you.......but SOMETIMES you need a cage!

No comments:

Post a Comment