Sunday, July 18, 2010

More Insight

Saturday July 17 DBV

Romans 8:31-34 – If God is for us, who can be against us? I had just reminded Greg of this on this very day. I love how God is talking straight to us through this DBV!!!!

Sunday July 18

God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.” – Exodus 3:15 This didn't speak directly to me until I read the commentary.

Commentary: "Notice that God refers to Himself as the God to be remembered from generation to generation. Many times we want to surround ourselves with just our age group, but God is multi generational. The young need the wisdom of the old, and the old need the innovation of the young. To get past our generational prejudices is essential if we want to glorify Him to the nations."

Just as we were getting ready to head out to church, I read this. And we have been looking (before Illinois and now too) for a smaller church that combines the old with the young. I agree completely with the commentary that we all have something to learn from each other. This is why we are looking for a church like this.

Then we went to church. The church that we are going to now is Brighton Christian Church. They do communion every Sunday and someone different does the communion devotion. The gentleman that got up to speak today spoke God's words directly to Greg. He first started talking about casting our cares on God - and how that means "throwing them fast and hard", not slowly pushing them and then taking them back. And then as if that was not enough, he said that he felt that "someone in the room" needed to hear the words from Psalm 91.

Psalm 91
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."


I could barely contain myself. This is really the best time in my life!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment