Friday, July 16, 2010

He Will NEVER Cease to Amaze Me

Wow! I was praying this morning, while Greg was getting ready for work. I prayed for each of my kids and their unique personalities and then I prayed thanking God for the "olive branch" extended to Greg at work yesterday (ie, kind words and a brownie). We also had an answer to prayer regarding a presentation he had to give. A few minutes later Greg came in and I asked him if he wanted to pray with me. We sat there quietly together for a few moments, then he started to pray. First for each of our kids and their "unique personalities" and then for answered prayer for a good day for him at work yesterday. Wow! I mean.....EXACTLY what I was just praying. It is so cool how God is drawing our hearts together in Him - even in our prayers! There is never going to be a time when God ceases to amaze me! How He works and in what ways He works are infinitely endless - way beyond what I could even think. I love that! I love that He knows and I do not have to worry.

Yesterday I had a very nice day. I spent the day with my mom and grandma. The girls went to a friend's house and the boys were with grandpa. First we went to see grandma's new condo, which is going to be nice when it is all fixed up. Then we had appointments for 90 minute facials (I'll tell you more about this in a minute), but mine ended up being 120 minutes - oops! Too bad for me (note the sarcasm). Oh yeah - the facials were FREE!!! Woo hoo! Then we went and picked up my aunt and all 4 of us went to lunch, where I totally monopolized the conversation. I felt bad afterwards, but I always seem to have so much to say. Maybe this is not such a good thing, or maybe it is. I also felt bad physically because I talked while I was eating and think I ate a ton of air with my salad. Oh well. Then we went and did some shopping. It was a very good day.

Back to the facial.....it started with the girl (Jill) telling me to sit because she was going to wash my feet with a salt scrub. I said "Like Jesus?" Thus began our conversation. So while I was having this amazing (and did I say FREE?) facial, which included her massaging my shoulders, arms, hands, legs, feet, and head, I had a nice talk with her about God and His greatness. It was interesting to me that I felt so free to talk like that, but what made the floodgates open was her responding to me. It ends up that she is also a Christian and actually goes to CEPC. As I was talking to my mom afterwards, I think she may even be the daughter of the old secretary of BE. Wild, huh? We had such a nice conversation. What I am seeing happen even more lately is that I am having more opportunities to talk about God, yet each time they are with people who are already Christians. What is neat about that is that I am being encouraged and strengthened in my boldness to talk about God, so that when the time comes to talk to someone who is not a Christian, I will be ready. I love how God is working in me - for Him!!!!And even through the girl doing my facial??? See how He never ceases to amaze?

No comments:

Post a Comment