Sunday, July 18, 2010

Late Night Phone Call

Friday night (I guess it was Saturday morning) at 12:19am, my cell phone rang. Greg answered it and no one answered. I took the phone and tried, but my phone has been acting up and the screen does not really show who is calling. Oh, BTW - my kids were spending the night at grandma and grandpa's house. I was finally able to see that it was my cousin Becky calling me, so I called her back. Her phone went to voice mail, so I left her a message telling her to call me so I knew she was ok. I went back to bed but was very nervous, so I prayed for Becky. I must have fallen asleep because at 12:31am I woke back up and was worried that she had not called my back. I started panicking because "what if something was wrong and she called me because she knew I would follow through and make sure she was ok"? I called her again and again it went to voice mail. I left another message telling her no matter the time to call me back. I apparently fell asleep again. At 1:43am my phone rang again. It was Becky and she was ok! She was working and her phone must have dialed me from her bag. She laughed at my "worrywart" ways, but I was just glad that she was ok despite my lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment