Friday, July 16, 2010

God Speaking

I am going through my emails and it appears that I have not been on here in a couple of days. Each day I get a Daily Bible Verse sent to me and it is so cool to read through them.

From Wednesday July 14 (the day I spent time crying out to God in my prayer room, not even knowing what to pray for, but knowing I needed Him to work in the situation)
For this is what the high and lofty One says— he who lives forever, whose name is holy: “I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. – Isaiah 57:15

Then this is the commentary that followed the verse. "The way that God reveals Himself in Scripture is dynamic! He is far beyond all we can comprehend, and yet He knows every detail of our thoughts. This means that God not only hears the cries of our soul, He has the power to do something about it! To humble ourselves before God is to open the door for renewing our lives." Totally amazing!

Then from July 15 (the day that we had the facials)
I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. – Philemon 1:6

Then this commentary followed: "Many Christians feel that we need to learn more in order to grow in spiritual maturity. That has a truth to it, but the passage reminds us that we also grow as we share our faith with others. We will encounter questions that we don’t know the answers to, and so we study to understand. We will learn how to be sensitive to those who don’t agree with us, and we grow in compassion. Many times we don’t need to learn more, we need to live out what we already know with those around us." Are you even kidding me? More amazement of God. This is so freaking awesome! Each day, although I was not reading it, God was speaking to my EXACT situation through His Holy Word and the DBV.

And this from today July 16
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. – 1 Peter 2:9-10

Commentary: "God’s eternal plan was to create a people for Him. This is more than an individual plan for our lives. God’s plan is a community. To walk alone is cross grain to God’s purposes for our lives. God mercy was not to enable us to do our own thing, but to get a new identity with other people who are called out by God. Now we stand before God as priests who are brought together, each with the same story of being called into light. If you don’t have that identity, seek after that community this week. Don’t miss this important part of God’s will." I prayed this morning that Greg would find a real friend today at his company picnic. A friend would could not only encourage him at work, but also in his growth in the Lord.

Praise You, Holy Lord, for showing Yourself so clearly to me today. I love it when You do this! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment