Friday, July 9, 2010

My Heavenly Shield

This morning I was praying for my family that does not know Christ. Well, I am not sure what they "know". They all go to church, so they have some background. I do not really want to claim anything about them actually, other than I want them to know, love and serve Christ. So I am praying. Then this message came to me:

Sin was in the world. Sacrifice was the only way to get rid of sin. God sent His One and Only Son as the ultimate sacrifice. Jesus came to die and take sin with Him. Jesus died on the cross for everyone, taking everyone's sin - the deal is though that you must accept that He did it for you. And He did. So Jesus took the sin of the world to the grave, but the grave could not hold Him. Three days later He rose, triumphing once and for all over sin and death. You can never earn the salvation that comes from Jesus's death on the cross - never. You will never be good enough - never. That is the cool thing. We can't earn it - God, in His grace and mercy, just gives it to us - because He loves us and wants to spend eternity with us. All we have to do is accept it. It is so simple, so easy, so absolutely necessary!!

I think there was more, but it took too long to get the computer on and I have forgotten the exact wording of what I was thinking. It is too bad because it was so good. Oh well.

But then, I was reading in Psalm 5 and some verses jumped out at me.

Psalm 5:3 In the morning, O Lord , you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
And I do - I love to spend time with God in the morning. It is the most amazing way to start my day. I am strengthened and encourage and schooled every morning.

Psalm 5:12 For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
A shield - like a force field. Nothing is getting past this shield. I am surrounded and protected.

Then I checked my email and my DBV was Psalm 3:3 But you are a shield around me, O Lord. Oh yes!!!! More protection - more shielding - more guard. Praise you Lord!

And here is the kicker......I know I am shielded and protected. And so is my family. Last night as I was packing my kids clothes, Grant came to the girl's closet and was choking. Before I could get to him he pulled a night light bulb out of his mouth. Thank you Lord for protecting him (and me). My mind has swirled with the possible things that could have happened in this situation. Oh Lord, thank you for protecting us!!! Oh and a good friend posted this as a comment on facebook about what Grant did: What's the big deal? Moms always over-react. :) Glad he's ok. He just wanted to taste and see if the "light of the world" is good! Yes He is so good.


Finally Greg is still going through "stuff" at work. But an important meeting was "postponed" for today. With today being Friday, Greg was able to wear jeans. So he did, but went to work prepared. He took his dress clothes in case the "postponed" meeting happens to take place. I love that God gave him the thought to be prepared. Another shield.

I love having a Heavenly Shield. The One who knows beforehand and prepares or protects. I cannot praise enough. O God, you are so good - so worthy of all praise and adoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment