Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Godly Authorities?

I am sad. However, I am glad to be feeling this way. Weird, I know. I was praying this morning and was overcome with grief at the lostness of our country (and world). I was reading this morning in Romans 13 about submission to authorities. Verse 6 says, "for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing." I was thinking...how many of "God's servants" (our authorities) realize that they are God's servants? I would guess that not many of them do, otherwise things would not be as they are. We have just celebrated our independence this weekend. How many of our authorities have mindsets aligned with our forefathers, who governed this country under God first? I bet not a lot. So sad. So sad that we think that we are what we are because of who we are. Without God, we are nothing. Because He is I AM, we are. This is making me sad. So....what am I going to do? That is my prayer. Where can I be of use to You, O God in Heaven? I want to make a difference for Your Kingdom. I will rejoice in the fact that I know The Way and I will share this with whomever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment