Monday, July 5, 2010

Lots to Say

So many things, so little time. It seems that the Lord is talking to me about grace. No, not my Grace, but rather grace that needs to be extended by me. Saturday Greg told my dad he wanted to take our trailer out and clean it because the kids wanted to camp out in in. Later in the day on Saturday Greg decided he did not want to take the trailer out at all, so he told my dad so. On Sunday my dad asked my mom if he should pull our trailer out because Greg told him he did not want to. My mom told my dad to do it, that Greg was just hot and tired the day before when he was talking about it. My dad wanted to have it out and ready for Greg before he got there so he decided to pull it out by himself. In the process, he got our trailer stuck on one of his trailers and ripped the back end open. Oops. When we got there and saw it - it was bad. Long story short.......I was mad at everybody. First Greg because he even opened his mouth about pulling the trailer out. Then my mom for getting involved in something that she knew nothing about. And then my dad, well.... because he pulled it out alone and broke it. And I was not nice - mostly to Greg - but not nice. I was not mean to my mom and dad but I was not nice either - I was irritated. And poor Greg - got the brunt of it. I decided to go for a run this morning and it was there that I realized that "accidents happen". I mean this is not something new, but in this situation it was. Each one of these people was well meaning. They were all thinking of other people. But the lack of communication and course of events spiraled into a huge mess. Thankfully, the Lord took me outside to show me. I came back from my run and apologized to Greg - but he was not ready for it apparently. But the verse that kept running through my head was "I desire mercy, not sacrifice" - that is what God wants all of us to show others who have wronged us in any way - including me. Accidents happen and that is why they are called accidents - no one is trying to intentionally hurt anyone, but someone (or something) always ends up getting hurt. I gave up on being mad over this. When we got to my parents' house my dad had already replaced the back end of the trailer, so I hopped in to help him put the aluminum (or whatever metal it is) back on. After about 40 minutes or so, it was good as new. Grace and mercy are such amazing things. Give people grace to be who they are and mercy to allow them to grow from there. My dad did have an incident with the staple gun, which I hope he recovers from.

On a different note, I really think the the stinking devil has been working overtime here. He has been causing Greg and I to be at each other all the time and over stupid little stuff. I have claimed my marriage in the name of Christ. Satan may try and in some cases may get a small victory, but he WILL NOT win the war. We belong to God, and already know who wins, and it is not the devil - no matter how mad he gets us at each other.

Also from yesterday......the kids had a 4th of July parade. Krystel, her friend Sadie and I were sitting at the pool when I heard Grace yelling to Grandma that they were having a 4th of July parade. I looked out and sure enough Jacob, Grace, Spencer and Seth were all on the "limo" having a parade. Jacob was driving, Spencer was sitting in the front holding a red, white and blue star decoration, Seth was in the back holding the same type of decoration, and Grace was also in the back holding an American flag. And they were driving down the driveway, past the barn, over the big hill, around the fenced area and past Grandma, who was sitting by her trailer. I told Krystel and her friend, and we decided to join in. We went and got a golf cart and chased after the kids. Our second time around Sadie grabbed one of those star decorations and I grabbed a tiara. As we rode around the second time I hopped on the back of the golf cart seat, put the tiara on and started to "princess wave" at Grandma. It was all cute until Krystel drove under a tree and a branch smacked me in the eye - not so cute. But the kids loved that we joined in and I loved that they were so smart to think about doing this. Our kids are so great!!!!

It seems that Seth thinks Grace is "his princess". He has been kissing her and telling her so. Grace asked Grandma today if this was appropriate. GRandma said it wasn't bad, but that they should not do anymore (kiss on the lips). Rather Seth could kiss her hand or cheek. Eeek! Is this what happens when we are not looking? Praise God that she asked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment