Monday, September 27, 2010

Unbelievable

I am stunned. Where to begin?

This morning I was praying. I was asking God to help me to come out of my comfort zone and to be willing to be used by Him. I was praying for someone to come along side of. Fast forward to 2pm, when I was supposed to leave to go to Chicago with my mom to pick up my grandma (who has been in and out of the hospital). As I pulled into my mom's driveway, she got a phone call saying that my grandma was going to have to stay for another week. Darn it. I was so looking forward to my mini-vacation (overnight to Chicago with mom, grandma and great-aunts). Instead I decided to go to my Bible study (which I would have missed if I went to Chicago). I got there on-time, but everyone else was late. Finally they all got there and we were standing in line. 3 of us in front, someone on the phone in the middle and 2 of us behind. I placed my order and then my friend asked the person behind us if she was in a hurry (because she was on the phone). That prompted me to look at this person. As soon as I saw her, I knew I knew her. But I could not figure out from where. In fact, I probably seemed scary to her because I would not drop it. And that is not my normal nature in public. I asked her if she wanted to join us and she said (to my surprise) yes! We stood around her and she was telling us about some things that are happening in her life, in her neighborhood and she is beyond frustrated - and rightly so. We prayed with her and invited her to join our study. Then it hit me! I knew her from our old subdivision. I had met her once when I was out walking. She had a bunch of puppies and my kids stopped to play with them. She said she had to do some shopping (we meet in the Starbuck's in Target), but that she would come back. And praise God! She did. We talked with her some more, it was so cool how God orchestrated this whole thing. Oh my goodness. Because of the group I was with, we were able to present her with the gospel message. I have a friend that is real good with that. We encouraged her to pray - for strength, for courage for her son, for changed hearts (both hers and her neighbors). We talked at great length with her and it was so exciting to see how God used this study, these people on this day to reach out to the hurting heart of one of His precious creations. Oh God in Heaven, how I worship You even now as I sit here and type. There is none greater than You. You are a matchless King, worthy of everything that I am. Thank you for letting me be a part of this. I know that this is all You. All glory to You forever, but thank you for letting me witness this, partake in this. What a glorious experience for me. Praise You and You alone!!!!

I am thrilled to see what comes of this. I am so excited to have met a new friend. I am so glad that God forced me out of my comfort zone. Not to me, O Lord but to You be the glory. Please don't let this sound like boasting, except that I am boasting in You, God of Heaven. I am out of my skin excited to have been there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment