Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oh so blessed....again. A friend brought us 6 garbage bags full of clothes for the girls. I absolutely love hand-me-downs! And my girls think they are great too! They loved to go through them, try them on and decide what they want.

Tomorrow I am taking a meal to a gal I have not yet met. I heard (through the grapevine) that she broke her foot and I was instantly wanting to help her. I could "feel" her pain. As I was making the dinner tonight, Jacob, Grace and Jadyn came into the kitchen and all wanted to help. Praise God that HE gave me extra patience - so much extra that we all had a great time!!! They even helped me do all the dishes. What an awesome time - talking as we worked. They were so into what we were doing and why we were doing it. That was the biggest blessing to me.

I love that God has s...l...o...w...e...d us down enough to enjoy moments like this. I also love that He has opened my eyes to see moments like this as special, and not a nuisance. Everything does not have to be perfect. I am glad that I am learning that - albeit the hard way. But, Heaven knows, I (unfortunately) learn best the hard way. Hopefully, this will change soon.

Wow ~ I just had to jump up and run to the kitchen. Jacob walked down the stairs, passed me, and into the kitchen. I was going to let him go to see what he would do, but as I was watching he walked up to the stove, pulled his pants down and looked like he was going to go to the bathroom. I had to very quickly re-direct him. What a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment