Monday, September 6, 2010

'Twas the Night Before School Started

Tonight is the last night of summer for the kids. School starts in the morning. Before bed, we all gathered in the girls' room to pray. Each one said something about the school year that they would liked prayed for and then we all took turns praying for that person's prayer request. I loved watching my kids pray for their siblings - something to be treasured in a mother's heart.

Then the girls went to brush their teeth and Jacob came up to me (I was still sitting on the floor) with something (s sock monkey he made at VBS) in his pants and said "Mom, I REALLY have to go to the bathroom!" Then he went to the bathroom (where the girls were brushing), pretended to pee and then came back and said to me, "Whew. I feel better now. I really had to pee." Boys. They are something else.

As I was putting Jadyn in bed, all of a sudden she started bawling, saying her finger hurt. I checked and there was nothing wrong with her finger. What I think was happening was that her brother and sister were getting to do something that she was not - eat lunch at school - and she was acting out for attention. Earlier she told me that she was going to eat lunch at school too. I told her that she did not get to eat lunch at school until kindergarten and she was VERY sad. She asked me "Do I at least get a snack at my school?" Hello, one track mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment