Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School (2010-2011)

CES
Jacob - 3rd grade - Ms. Safford
Grace - 2nd grade - Mrs. Reck (the same one as kindergarten)


Can you tell WHO does not care one lick about school? If you said Grant......you are wrong!!


You can't even tell Grace has a stomach ache. Well....she does. Even though she told me she wouldn't.


Can't wait for her turn....just can't wait.

This morning Grace whispered to me that even though her stomach hurt, she was not going to tell her teacher or go to the office. She was going to be tough. The whole morning she did not cry, but when it was almost time for her to go to her class, she started to tear up. She was concerned because she did not know whether she was supposed to go to her locker first or her classroom. I told her not to worry - her teacher would be waiting by the door and she would tell Grace what to do first. She seemed OK with that.

When I picked her up, she was so happy and excited. Praise the Lord!!!! This is a real answer to prayer - the last 2 years have been riddled with tears and throwing up. She couldn't wait to get her homework done. In fact, she has everything done and it isn't due until Friday. So proud. As she was doing her homework she was telling me about her day. (For the rest of this you have to picture Grace and the way she is always talking with her hands) She says to me "Today we had to stand up in front of everyone in the class and say our whole name. Mom, I was quite nervous when I was doing this." Quite? Where did this word come from? Actually, she said it twice in the time she was talking to me, but I do not remember the other one. I was still dumbfounded from the first one. Then as I was putting her to bed, she was excitedly screeching and jumping around in her bed. She was so stinking excited to go to school tomorrow. I am so thrilled she is so happy. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment