Saturday, September 4, 2010

My HEART

So my morning quiet time started this way (all capital emphasis is mine):

Our Daily Bread
Daily Verse: The Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the HEART. 1 Samuel 16:7
Daily Reading: Create in me a pure HEART, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
Devotion: Plausible Deniability - basically blaming someone or something else for your behavior. Yes, my bad attitude has been recently blamed on Greg, a lot.

Daybreak with God
Daily Verse: Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with COMPASSION, KINDNESS, HUMILITY, GENTLENESS and PATIENCE. Colossians 3:12
Devotion: My HEART for You - do I have a heart for God and the things of God? Honestly, not always.

Daily Reading in Proverbs
Above all else, guard your HEART, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23

Then Grace came downstairs and sat on my lap. She said this:
"You know what I did last night and this morning? After you left my room, I prayed to God two times. I prayed that all this junk would be removed from your HEART, and it would be filled with kindness." She was talking about kindness towards her getting a dog, but really, God uses the simple to teach the wise (my paraphrase), right? In fact, I was totally floored that those EXACT words came out of her mouth. I knew in that instant that God was talking to me.

My heart needs to be changed. My heart needs to be softened. My heart needs to be filled with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, and grace. Lord, I pray all these verses in Jesus' name. I claim the power of the Holy Spirit in my life. Create in me a pure heart, O God - please.

No comments:

Post a Comment