Friday, September 17, 2010

The Desire of My Heart

I was editing for the Master's Plan this morning and something jumped out and bit me in the nose. It said, "YOU HAVE NOT BECAUSE YOU ASK NOT!" And yes, it was all capitals and bold like that. Then my mind went to my DBV, in which the commentary talked about praying in a raw and honest way - not sanitized. Basically, not just praying what you think you are supposed to, but rather telling God EXACTLY what is on your heart. He knows anyway, so why not just tell Him and get it off your chest.

So....I stood in my garage (I am having a garage sale) and did this very thing. I told God I was looking for a job for Greg. But not just any job - THE job. The one He has planned for Greg. I told Him I knew nothing about the specifics of the job and its responsibilities, but that this was between him and Greg. I wanted a job where Greg was happy and looked forward to going to work every day. I wanted a job where Greg was a valuable asset to the company and where he could help make a difference in that company. I wanted a good paying job, with great benefits. I wanted it to be flexible so that he could be around for "stuff". And then added, at the end, that I wanted him to have at least 3 weeks of vacation. Doesn't sound like much, right? Actually I felt a little bad asking for it this way, but I had not because I asked not. Before you go thinking that I am thinking that God is my genie (which He is not and I would never think He was), I was just pouring out the desires of MY heart. The first of which is that whatever and wherever the job.....we would be in the exact center of God's will. THAT is the most important to me.

Greg came home from his second interview with this company and said that they wanted him to interview with one more person (in Norway). They were going to try and arrange the call promptly. They were eager to move ahead (and so was Greg). After a phone call, Greg came to me and told me some of the information that was relayed to him. Basically, the salary, the benefits, the stuff. We were sitting in the garage (again the sale) and I was bawling. Everything he was telling me was lining up with EXACTLY what I prayed this morning. I was even feeling sick. Sick, mostly because I am so not worthy. Even if nothing comes from this, just to know that God is ALWAYS there and ALWAYS listening to me. Even if what I am saying is totally ridiculous. I am so excited that He heard the desires of my heart. I will be even more excited if these line up with His plan. We will see. The interview is supposed to be Monday or Tuesday.

O Father, if this is Your will - thank you! If it is not, please help me to always see that Your will is greater, better and perfect. I pray that no matter the situation, we will be good stewards of ALL that you have entrusted to us. Not to us, but to You alone be all the glory - forever. Praise Your Holy Name!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment