Monday, August 23, 2010

Psalm 78

I was reading Psalm 78 this morning, and it really made me think. This psalm re-hashes what God brought the Israelites through and how they kept "forgetting" what He had done for them in the past and focused instead on their current problem. What it made me think was - I do not want to be like this. I do not ever want to forget all God has done for me and I do not want to let the weight of my current situation (whatever it may be at any given time) overwhelm me. God is so far greater than any circumstance I may happen to encounter. HE IS GREATER, period! So Michelle, be constantly reminded of how much God loves you, of how much He has already done for you and keep your eyes fixed on Him. (Just a note to myself)

Rejoice always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment