Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Overwhelmed by Blessing.....Big Time

This morning I was awakened by the fan (OK - really the Lord) at 2 am. I came out to the couch, put on my ipod and praised the Lord until 2:45. I love that. After that, the day went on and the blessings poured in. It was almost as if God was trying to tell me...."I've got it, Michelle - ALL of it." Let me list out for you what has transpired so far.

- Greg had a phone interview at 8:30 for a job as a Assistant Purchasing Director - to be an apprentice learning from the current director who is leaving. Who knows? But it was neat.
- I received a phone call from the schools saying that my application was accepted for the substitute food service worker and I need to proceed with a personnel test and fingerprinting. So did my mom.
- Greg received a call from Mrs. McGee from the UIA stating that she just released 2 weeks work of unemployment and he can call tomorrow to get another 2 weeks.
- Our case worker at the DHS called and said that everything looks good from her end, and I talked to her about emergency money and she said all was ok (do not want to hear).
- My kids pediatrician takes the medicaid insurance.
- The company in Holt called Greg back for the second interview - Thursday.

Praise God! All of these are not super important - well some are - but God is providing for us from all over the place. I can tell you for sure that resting in God's arms is the ONLY place I want to be - whether it is a valley or a mountaintop - the ONLY place for me!!!!

I was really overwhelmed to the point of tears because of all this. All I want to do is praise the Lord, read my Bible and spend time learning more of God. I have to find a balance in my life with this because I need to be mom to my kids too. As much as I want to I can not spend every waking moment with my nose in my Bible. I don't think that is what God would want me to do either. He has chosen me to be the mother of these kids and I want to honor Him in this job. I also want to be the shepherd of their hearts. I have to find the balance. The good thing is....I know where to go to get the help I need. Straight to the arms of my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment