Thursday, August 26, 2010

Greg's First 2nd Interview and Some Stuff I Was Thinking About

Greg had his first 2nd interview this afternoon. He said he thought it went well (and it lasted over 1 1/2 hours with one person), but he left with them telling him it would be 2-4 weeks before they made their decision. OK. Some positive thoughts, some negative thoughts. Negative first (to get it out of the way): if he was their guy, why would they have to wait out the time? We do know that they just posted the job on some website the day before Greg's first interview with them, so maybe they are waiting to see what comes of the money spent on the website - sounds good, right? So onto the positive: 2-4 weeks gives us time to see what comes of all the other interviewing he has done. And he just "mailed" in (really, via USPS) his resume to GM, and it would be interesting to see what comes of that. So as I continue to sit and ponder, I am so reminded of God's unfailing love and the fact that He continues to have the perfect plan in place for us.

I was walking this morning and I was thinking about how God is really taking care of us (and me especially). Since this whole job losing situation has taken place, I have not been worried, or scared or overly concerned. The day I went to the DHS I was freaked out, but I think that was because I was entering into a huge unknown. And yet, God carried me through that too. I love that I know without a shadow of a doubt that He is the One getting me through. If not for God's loving arms wrapped so snugly around me, I would not be making it. By this I mean that I would (on a good day) be reduced to a messy puddle rocking myself on the floor. My complete "control nature" has been laid down and I am able to say that I am not in Control, but I know Who Is. And I can trust Him - with everything - because all I have and all I am is His. But I just think it is so neat and such a blessing that I am able to see that it is God bringing me through. Even if I wanted to, I could not get myself through this. I need Him. Not just today, and not just in this situation, but ALWAYS - every single day of my life. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

The other thing I am learning through this is summed up nicely in Scripture too. Do everything without complaining or arguing Philippians 2:14 I can choose to complain about the things I do not like (and cannot change) or I can praise the Lord and carry on, waiting patiently for God's timing. Oh, this does not mean that I sit back and do nothing, oh no. I "carry on", which means I keep going. Pressing on. It is certainly not always easy, but no one ever said it would be.

So on another entirely different note - I took my test yesterday for my job (lunch lady) and passed with flying colors. In fact, the lady administering the test told me that they had not had a person score that high in quite a while. Wow! That sure made me feel good. It made me think that my brain IS still working and maybe, just maybe, I do have something to offer. Yes, I do have something to offer. And offer it I will. I have the love of Jesus and I will share it with whomever may happen my way. Praise you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment