Thursday, August 5, 2010

Another Great Day

I took the kids to VBS today. Greg has been taking them the last few days, so it was my turn. I ended up talking with a new friend for almost 2 hours. I think it is so neat how God has friendships already lined up for us, even before we are thinking about them. After we talked, we spent some time praying for each other. It was a very nice time - so glad I went. This afternoon we went to the pool and spent some time with an old friend who had recently gotten out of prison. It was interesting to listen to his stories and see how he drew closer to God through this time. After that we came home and got ready for out dinner guests. We invited George over for dinner. George is from Poland and runs a camp for kids of all ages in northern Poland. He is married to a Canadian woman and they spend their time between Poland and Canada. While I invited him to dinner, I thought it would be neat to invite Greg's parents who are Polish and Canadian also. Only Greg's dad came, but it was such a neat time. To listen to them talk, to listen to them sing together in Polish and then to hear George talk to Greg's dad about Jesus and the anticipation and joy of His return....and how he won't want to miss out. Oh Praise the Lord, it was so neat. I keep saying neat......I had a great day. Thank you Lord. Greg has an interview tomorrow and got another call today from a "military contractor" company. From what he heard, it sounds good too. I love how God is providing even in this. Each day that Greg doesn't work is another punch in the gut for him, but when he gets these phone calls and emails, it really perks him up. I read this in my DBV today:

Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. – Romans 4:19-21
Commentary: Abraham looked squarely at the facts yet did not waver in his view of the future. So many times we either do not face the reality of the situation we are in and go into a blind optimism, or we get so caught up in our current situation that we become a pessimist. But God has the power to deliver us and Abraham stands as a witness on how to believe God in the midst of our life situations.

Then I talked to Greg about it. I reminded him (and secretly myself) that we are not to waver in our faith. We get the gravity of our situation (so we are not hiding our heads in the sand), and we are not (most of the time) becoming pessimistic. Well, I was going to say that one of us has a tendency to get pessimistic and one of us doesn't, but I think the truth is one of us gets pessimistic and the other one gets crabby when things don't go HER way. If you know what I mean. Let me clarify....I am really fully trusting God. But when I think something will come through for us (according to what I think is the "right" way) and it doesn't, I get crabby. Not intentionally, but I do. Then I have to get myself in check real quick like because I keep thinking about my witness through all this. I want God to be glorified by how I respond to this whole situation and yet I know I am human and therefore subject to some human emotion. So, while I get frustrated, I must constantly remind myself to praise the Lord and carry on. But back to the verse above. While I was talking to Greg about this I told him he was like Abraham. He knew God's promise for him, but the path was unsure. In fact, the path did not even make sense. He just had to TRUST!! Then I thought about it and told Greg that actually his nickname had to Abram....the name before the faith. He needs to hold tight to God's promise and follow wherever He leads him. We all do.

I had a great day today. I think I will retire to bed and pray for my husband's interview tomorrow. My prayer that is if this is God's will......it will be easily done, and if it is not.....we praise the Lord and carry on. The right one will come at just the right time. That is how God works. And I love Him for it.

And I got a lovely card in the mail today. It was full of encouraging words and money. Extremely thoughtful. I think the kids are going out for ice cream. Yeah, they are. Thanks MFU, from YFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment