Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just Thoughts

So much is swirling in my head right now.

- Chase Bank hates us and the feeling is mutual.
- You know......no job.
- Which also means no insurance.
- Waiting to hear about unemployment.
- The letter.
- I invited someone to lunch and now Greg's parents and Greg will not even be here for the lunch.

Let me tell you about this lunch thing. My kids are in VBS this week at our new church (BCC). A missionary from Poland is here and has talked a bit with the kids (at least he did yesterday). So I went over to him and introduced myself to him and he was trying to teach me to say some things in Polish. We had a nice conversation in which he told me he was really from Poland, his wife was from Canada and his son was American. What was going through my head was....Greg's dad is Polish, Greg's mom is Canadian and Greg is American. Well....Greg's dad is really American too, but he is Polish-American. This guy was so neat to talk to, I immediately thought I would invite him for lunch and invite Greg's parents too. So I invited him, but now Greg's parents can't (or won't) come. I am sad about that. It would have been a nice visit. I pictured Greg's dad and George singing Polish songs together. Oh well. Praise the Lord, and carry on. I hate the devil! I hate that he has any power at all. I can not wait until Christ returns and the devil gets his.

Despite all the things that are swirling......"He put a new song in my mouth..."(Psalm 40) and Now all I want to do is praise Him. Praise you God Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment