Sunday, June 20, 2010

Time to Run

I am training for a 5K. I now have a new course to run. As I typed those sentences, I thought of some verses, which led me to look up more verses on this topic. Take a look, then I will tell you more.

In her heart a woman pans her course, but the Lord determines her steps. Proverbs 16:9

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us through off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24

I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. Psalm 119:32

When you run, you will not stumble. Proverbs 4:12

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

So the new route was shown to me by a friend who is now training to run with me. It is 3.2 miles - exactly enough for training for a 5K. Just over 3.10685596 miles. :) I enjoy going with her, because misery always loves company. No seriously, it always goes faster with someone else. However, I think I am going to have to try it alone sometime. Not because I don't want to go with her, but because I need to test myself. And then push myself. I really want to do this - the 5K, that is. Not sure why, but I do. And with God, ALL things are possible. Even me running (and finishing) a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment