Sunday, June 20, 2010

Working for God

Today we tried another new church. After talking it through this evening, I realized that God had us at that church on this day for His glory. I am so excited about this! I mean, I do not think that this is our church, but what happened was very neat. There was a couple there who has been at the church for 13+ years and they are moving out of state. They had a slide show of them, gave them gifts and flowers and prayed over them. After the sermon, the lady sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and introduced herself to me. We talked for a while and after I told her some of my story, she asked me if I would talk to this lady that was moving, if I felt led to. I did, so I made my way over to her and introduced myself to her. Then I told her about our move...how I hated every minute of being ripped away from all that I had known. But more importantly, how God used every minute of it for His glory. How Greg and I, separately and together, grew in the Lord. How our marriage blossomed. How I would not trade a second of the time there, even if I could. It was interesting to watch her face as I talked. I was speaking directly to her heart - she even said so. She even said that she wanted to close her ears and not listen, but she knew what I was saying was the truth. Oh man.....it was so neat to be used by God in this way! All praise and glory to God forever. Thank you Lord for letting me be a part of this. For using me for your glory. For allowing me to have this experience so that on this particular day, ordained from the beginning of time, I would be able to speak to this lady's heart - helping her to trust you more deeply (is my prayer). Oh God in Heaven, thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment