Sunday, June 13, 2010

Home

I've been thinking......I feel at home here. This is interesting to me because both Greg and my mom looked at this house before we moved here and told me there were things I would not like - most importantly, the size. Well, we are here now and I love it! This house was from God, no doubt. But, oh, how He over-blessed us in this. I have never been more comfortable in any house, including my "baby" which we built. There are many things in life that one could want. But God takes care of our needs. This is just so neat.....I have been talking about downsizing since we left our first Hartland house. And, honestly, we have downsized each time we have moved. Not by much, but we have. This house is definitely smaller, but you would not really know it. I rather prefer to have my kids near to me. I do not want them in their own "wing", I want them with me. They are my kids, dontcha know? I am sure I am not adequately describing what I am trying to say, but I am trying. I feel very blessed and very at home in my new surroundings. Never thought it would be so easy. In fact, the other night I was talking to Abby and I was complaining....a lot. I really am trying not to complain so much because I really have nothing to complain about. So if I am complaining, I am just complaining. There is no real reason - so get over it. But I digress......So I was complaining to Abby, when almost immediately I told her I needed to go because I had to go for a walk. I am not sure if it appeared as abrupt to her as it did to me, but it felt very abrupt. So I left the house with Jacob on his bike and Jadyn and Grant in the stroller. I was walking down the street and there was this woman walking the opposite direction on the other side of the street. From what I could tell she wasn't looking up, in fact, she looked like she was texting. I passed her and got about 100 feet away from her when I heard her yell "Michelle! Michelle!" I thought that was weird because I knew I didn't know her. Turns out, I did know her. She is the cousin of a guy from our old Sunday school class and I had met her there. She also broke her leg quite badly when I broke mine. She lives about 10 or so houses from me. It also turns out that her cousin's wife's sister (I know, I know) lives just around the corner from me. Small little world. But what I thought was neat was that God put on my heart at that immediate minute that I HAD to go for a walk....so I could run into her. How cool is that? I love to watch how God works. And I am so glad to know that this is what I am watching....Creator Eternal, Almighty Father, Wonderful Savior, Lord of All....no matter what you call Him, one thing is sure.....HE IS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment