Wednesday, June 23, 2010

For All Have Sinned

My day started with phone call at 6am from my family at Bloomington First Church of the Nazarene. They were calling me from the 5am (CST) Wednesday morning prayer service. Today was the first time with a full band - they so rock!!! What a blessing it was to hear from them all this morning! Praise God. (And I never want God to go without praise and recognition.....I read in Acts this morning about Herod being eaten by worms and dying because he did not praise God...ick!)

But then in my discipleship reading, I read that "all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). And for whatever reason my eye kept going back to that. Then as I was checking my email for my DBV and it was Romans 3:23-24.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. – Romans 3:23-24

There is a freedom when we realize that we all fall short and are in need of someone to help us. We can stop trying harder and realize that what we could not do, God already has done in Christ. We are more wicked than we want to admit, but we are more loved than we could ever dream! This is the good news to all of humanity.

Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
Praise God that I know that I am in need. Thnk you Lord for being all that I need. Praise You Holy Name!!!

1 comment:

  1. Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

    ReplyDelete