Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Deep Thoughts

Yesterday I was asking for a hug. Today I got it. I was talking with my cousin and she told me that her pastor's wife was talking with her about me and she said I was "sharp". I was confused about what that meant, but my cousin clarified that this is what her pastor's wife says about someone who is close to God. Wow. What a huge compliment. I left VBS (where we were talking) and cried all the way to the grocery store. I was so honored, but was telling God that I did not think I was so sharp, in fact, I thought I was a bit dull. What was so neat about it was that in order for her to say that, she must have seen something in me. Christ in me. That is my prayer....that everyone who meets me will see Christ in me. It is even interesting because I had just been thinking of this pastor's wife this morning. I was thinking that I would like to meet with her, be mentored by her or be in a Bible study with her. I love how God is working in my life.

I was just saying that, strange as it sounds, I like being in the storm of life. I mean clearly it sounds insane to say I choose to have my life in a state of upheaval - I don't. But.....I do like the nearness of God....although I realize that it is me that is drawing closer to Him. He never moves - I do. If for nothing other than developing the habit of daily relying on God, I am glad for this time. I cannot make it through a day without meeting with God, talking with Him, pouring my heart out to Him. He cares and I know it. I am so glad that He never gives up on me. With each new day, He is there waiting for me to come, thrilled that I did. I love that He loves time with me as much as I love it with Him - more even. I am so blessed.

Another "hug" I received today also came from the mouth of my cousin. I was telling her a bit about what is going on with us and she said she saw me as someone who paid attention to what God was doing, who allowed God to use me and who was not afraid to tell others about it. Wow again. I want God to use me and use all these situations He has brought me through - for His glory. I pray that I am humbly accepting His blessings and that I can be a blessing to many people - for His glory.

It is neat to be able to watch myself grow (and, thankfully, not in the physical sense). I think, by God's grace, I am becoming more of a "meat eater", more specifically, a more mature Christian. Clearly, I have way more growing to do, but it is very exciting to notice growth in myself. Thank you again Lord. Another blessing. The thing is.....my knowledge is very basic, rudimentary at best. I know what I know and my faith is very childlike (I think). I do want my Biblical knowledge to increase, which means my studying needs to increase. Lord, please help me to continue to grow in this way and more importantly.....to retain and be able to recall what I have learned. Recall is the big thing. It is the thing I am not real good at. With Your help, Lord, I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment