Friday, June 18, 2010

What a Blessed Day!

Lots of stuff has been going on. Greg has had some "issues" at work and we have been praying and waiting some stuff out. I personally have been praying for changed hearts and that certain people would "treat others the way they want to be treated". In a way that only God could do, we received an answer to that prayer. Greg got a smile and a positive comment today. That, my precious friends, is nothing short of a miracle! Praise God for working in such a mighty way. We do serve an awesomely powerful Creator. That is so cool.

My kids have met some great friends here in this neighborhood, and today I got to hang out with the mom of some of them. We all had a nice afternoon at the pool and then the mom and I went for a nice walk tonight. We got back just before a huge storm hit here. In fact, my sweet, caring husband called her husband looking for me and woke him up because he was sleeping as he leaves for work at 3 am. Then as I was walking down the street I saw him backing out of the garage - he was coming looking for me. I love that man! The tornado sirens were going off, we were in the basement and my kids were very scared. It was neat to sit in the basement with them, pray for the situation and explain what was happening and answer all their questions. Another cool time.

My kids, along with the above-mentioned kids (a total of 7 kids), decided to start a club today. They arranged and decorated a room in the basement, then put up signs showing how to get to the club. They invited another boy and girl from the neighborhood to join. It is a club for everybody and their motto is "nothing crushes us". It was awesome to see them all working together without fighting. More coolness.

I have really been blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment