Friday, June 11, 2010

Enter His Presence

So today is Friday. Wednesday and Thursday, I was up at 5:50am and spent time with God. My days were GREAT! Today I was sluggish and slept in a bit, finally got up, rushed through my time with God and went back to bed. Guess how my day went? Horrible. Do I think the 2 are related? Absolutely!!! Knowing that I know that....why do I even have to think twice about how I start my day? Why is it that certain mornings it is so much harder to get up? Satan is there, wooing me to stay in bed where it is comfortable and cozy. But the truth of the matter is that God's Presence and His loving arms are more comfortable and cozy than any bed. Ever. And that is the truth. And I know it. And yet I still choose Satan's lies over the loving Presence of my Eternal God. What in the heck is going on in my head? Or maybe it is the old spirit versus flesh ~ and some days the spirit is weaker than the flesh. My spirit, not the Spirit of God. He wins always.

I love it when God speaks to me. No, it is not always in an audible voice. In fact, I have only "heard" a voice once. And it was awesome. But God has so many ways that He speaks to us. And He wants to. We just have to come to him. Daily. Enter. His Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment