Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ungratefulness

I have been VERY ungrateful.

I was reading in Matthew this morning and something hit me. Matthew 6:8 says this: Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

MY Father KNOWS what I NEED BEFORE I ask (and before I even need).

I have been ungrateful for the home that the Lord has provided my family. Yes, it is not my own. But what really is? I have been longing for my own home for some time now. Some of the time you could say I have been obsessed. Longing for what I do not have, instead of being content with (and grateful for) what I do have. For shame, Michelle, for shame.

I started thinking about this home. It is a very nice home. The closets in my kid's rooms are huge. The kid's bathroom closet is beyond huge. Our closet is perfect for us. I have a large closet in my laundry room. Heck, I have a laundry room. My kids have a playroom. There is a 3 car garage - why do I complain? I have a nice, big kitchen. There is a beautiful fireplace in our great room. AND...I have the largest master bathroom I have ever had.

When it comes to housing, I have so much more to be grateful for than I do to complain about. Father, forgive my ungratefulness. Thank you for all the blessings You have provided. I know that You know what I need. I will wait upon Your perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment