Saturday, April 23, 2011

Helicopter Egg Drop




I wish I could put my video in here so you could see it. So many people. We went to a helicopter egg drop today. There were 14,000 plastic eggs in 4 different sections and when the helicopter came over, it dropped another 16,000 eggs. The downside? Last night it poured and poured and poured. So the nice grassy field where this was taking place was a complete mud bog. We had mud up to our knees. But the kids had fun. And it was an awesome sight to see!! Unfortunately, for the kids, they did not win any of the BIG prizes, but the certainly won points with me and certainly in heaven. My kids were first in line (by the flags) so when the horn sounded, they were able to get quite a few eggs. When I caught up to them (after helping Jadyn and Grant) I saw a lady talking to Jacob. When I came up to them, she told me that I had very nice kids. Then she explained that her kids did not get any eggs, and Jacob and Grace had given some of their eggs to her kids. As she said this, Jacob offered her kids even more eggs. What a proud moment for this momma! The lady told Jacob that the Easter bunny would be happy and may even have a nice surprise for him. I said Jesus was happy. She didn't say anything back, though. Oh well. She heard anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment