Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Lesson

It wasn't until a few days ago that this hit me. And I am sad to say I didn't think of it BEFORE I had made my purchases. I guess the timing is irrelevant (except that it has all the meaning in in the world now at Easter). Every year, I (well, the EB) get the kids a SOLID chocolate bunny. Well, as it turns out, this year I got something different. I noticed that there were chocolate crosses this year. So I figured....this is what Easter is really about anyway, so I am going to get these. But then I thought my kids might somehow feel jipped if they did not get a bunny, so I got them bunnies too. Here's the cool thing though (and the thing I am going to try and make a lesson about)....the cross is solid chocolate and the bunny is hollow. Neat, huh? That is exactly the point - especially at this time of year. The cross (and, more importantly, Jesus) is what is SOLID and real. The bunny is a HOLLOW and made up confection. I just thought the irony was well, ironic.

He is Risen. He is Risen, Indeed. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment