Monday, April 4, 2011

Such Exciting News

I got a phone call from my brother this morning and OH, was it good! He was not even meaning to call me, but the Lord had news I needed to hear. Scott was calling the service department of the dealership and for whatever reason (God's perfect timing) that call got put on hold and his phone just called me. He was surprised to hear me on the other line. We ended up having a nice conversation, in which, I learned that he was taking his family to church, doing devotions with his wife, praying together with his wife and thinking about starting a small group with my sister and her hubby and 2 other cousins and their new wives. Oh PRAISE the LORD!!!! I am so excited about this. And the icing on the cake, the faith builder that God provided to them. They were able to get health insurance so Katie does not have to go back to work. When they found this out, Katie told Scott she was praying for an OBVIOUS sign of what to do. And PRAISE GOD again, He provided it to her. I love this so much! I have spent the remainder of this morning crying and praising God for His never-ending love. Know what's even better? This amazing love is not just for Scott and Katie.....it is for all of us. We just have to turn and receive it. It it THAT simple. Praise God for His love and for Jesus - the ONLY Way!

Our conversation also led to the legacy we are leaving for our own kids. Scott told me that something at Uncle Lawrence's funeral sparked something in him and Katie. I have a special moment in my own life of a picture of that. A couple of weeks ago (and I cannot believe that I did not blog about it - maybe I did and forgot), Grace came into my bathroom while I was getting ready. She was in a t-shirt, underwear and a bathrobe and was holding a Bible. She came in and showed me what she had just read. I asked her why she decided to read and she said, "I have not been reading lately, and I think I should." I love that, but the special moment was that she was doing exactly as she has seen me do. And not to toot my own horn, because THIS time it was something good. All glory to God forever.

The discussion about the small group has really got me thinking. Why don't I start one here? I mean with my own cousins. To gather together, talk about what God is doing in our lives, hold each other up in prayer and hold each other accountable. I really want to do this. BUT I am going to pray about it. I am so tired of just forging ahead with what I want to do, and only thinking later of whether or not it was what God wanted me to do. I'll keep you posted, as He keeps me posted.

Off to Spanish class. The kids are on spring break this week and I have them taking a mini Spanish class at the library. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment