Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Spread Your Wings Little Butterfly

Today an offer came. Oh are we excited! How God has provided again. Know what is neat? I was sitting, writing out Psalm 118, and I came across verses 23-24.

"The Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

And rejoicing we are! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

We are still working out the details, but today is the day (kind of). I was sitting praying with Greg, praising God, when all of a sudden I got sad. I am not sure if that is the correct word for what I was feeling, but it is the word I'll use for now. I was trying to explain to Greg that I am afraid to come out of the cocoon. We have been unable to provide for ourselves during this time, and now that we have a job, I do not want to fall away from the cradling in God's hand. Here's the thing: He will not drop me. I have to make sure that I do not jump.

Keep my eyes focused on Him, and Him alone. Nothing else matters. Let God guide me, not a checkbook or the false security of a job. Please do not mistake this for being ungrateful for this awesome opportunity. I just really like remaining in God, trusting in God, relying on God, being taken care of by God. The thing that needs to sink in is that this does not have to change simply because we have a job. Actually this gives us MORE opportunity to serve God more. And this is what we will do!!!

Come out, precious butterfly, come out! You have been moulded and prepared......time to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment